Our name, the "Environmental Satellite CC" has two meanings. First, it reflects our origin as a former satellite of the URI President's Council. Second, it reflects our role, going forward as a multi-regional CC, in striving to encircle (like a satellite) and provide support to the entire URI "constellation" (of councils, committees, CCs) so that URI can more fully realize our shared commitments under the URI Charter to "create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings" (Statement of Purpose) and to "act from sound ecological practices to protect and preserve the Earth for both present and future generations" (Principle 10).
As such, the Environmental Satellite CC will:
(1) give support to those CCs already working on environmental issues and ecological sustainability and encouragement to CCs wanting to become more involved.
(2) serve as a point of connection and, where appropriate, coordination among CCs and across the URI network on matters of broad international or regional concern.
(3) serve as an environmental resource to the global URI network and the hub office as, for example, in helping identify appropriate resources and other content for posting on the global URI website and by way of postings to the URI contacts and discussion listserves.
(4) speak out as an interfaith moral voice on significant issues of ecological and environmental health and well-being.
(5) on especially pressing issues of global concern, be a resource to the Global Council so that it may speak as a moral voice for the entire organization.
December 18, 2012 3:18 PM
Environmental Satellite Cooperation Circle 2012 Progress Report Peace be with thee at every pass, and love be with thee on every hill. Spirit be with thee on every river, every headland ridge and... Read more...
September 21, 2012 1:19 PM