Voices for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons is a URI Cooperation Circle composed of dynamic voices from across the political, professional, and spiritual spectrums who have united in a single purpose: to eliminate nuclear weapons once and for all.
This group of dedicated peacebuilders, which includes diplomats, scientists, lawyers, and religious leaders, created a video entitled “A Prayer from Voices for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons,” which is found below.
Accepting nuclear weapons as the ultimate arbiter of conflict condemns the world to live under a dark cloud of perpetual anxiety.
- Dr. Jonathan Granoff
Founder President of the Green Hope Foundation
President of the Global Security Institute
The Right Rev. William E. Swing
President and Founding Trustee of URI
When a former Secretary of State, a former Secretary of Defense, several United States Ambassadors, a famous physicist, and a few friends pray each month for the elimination of nuclear weapons, it raises lots of questions. What do they know that everyone needs to know? Why are they praying? What is their prayer?
In this video, you are invited to view the unfolding of this prayer and to meet these veterans of nuclear negotiations:
- The Honorable William J. Perry, former Secretary of Defense under President Clinton
- The Honorable George P. Shultz, former Secretary of State under President Reagan
- Dr. Sidney Drell, Professor Emeritus at the Stanford Linear Accelerator
- Ambassador James E. Goodby, former Strategic Nuclear Arms Negotiator with the U.S.S.R.
- Ambassador Thomas Graham, Jr, former Senior U.S. Diplomat
- Jonathan Granoff, President of the Global Security Institute
- Monica Willard, URI to the United Nations
- The Right Rev. William E. Swing, former Episcopal Bishop of California, and President and Founder of URI