With 2017 nearing an end, URI’s Executive Director and North American Regional Coordinator convened a call with URI members in Canada and the US to share highlights from 2017 and a few sneak peeks of what’s ahead in 2018.
A few of the highlights:
- URI launched a new website in 2017.
- 4 strategic planning working groups have been active globally, looking at growth and impact, capacity building and leadership, global connectivity and visibility and organization sustainability. You can learn more about their work here.
- In Canada and the US:
- There were two cluster meetings of URI members, one in Vancouver, BC and one in Sebastian, Fla.
- The Regional Coordinator visited Cooperation Circles across the northeast US and southern California
- Two groups of URI members met monthly online to discuss environmental concerns and interfaith peacebuilding
- In 2018, there will be an in-person gathering for all URI members from Canada and the United States
- and more!
To hear all of the updates, check out the full video below!
During the call, participants also moved into small group discussions, where they were invited to share what they were most proud of in 2017 and what they were most energized to do in 2018.
“It was absolutely delightful,” said Ardey Turner, who participated on the call and is also the chair of the URI North America Leadership Council.
See this post on the URI North America blog.