As women of the URI, we are deeply concerned by the continued refusal to allow the Nigerian schoolgirls to return to their homes and loved ones. We are also aware of how their rights have been violated and instead used as a score to settle political interests. As mothers and sisters, our hearts are breaking to hear of the suffering of our innocent daughters in this entire ordeal.
We ask all religious, political and community leaders and all those in positions of power as well as the grassroots to make all possible mechanisms to ensure that the girls reunite with their families peacefully. We are fully aware that each faith treasures peace and love as their inner most value and that these true spiritual values can be invoked in this situation.
We therefore, ask everyone from the different religious backgrounds, spiritual expressions and indigenous traditions to join us every Thursday of the week at 12 noon, wherever you are, to pray for the safe return of the Nigerian schoolgirls to their homes and families. We further ask you to continue this prayer every Thursday at 12 noon until the girls are safely home.
May peace prevail in Nigeria! May peace prevail on Earth!
1. Kiran Bali – Huddersfield, United Kingdom
2. Audri Scott Williams - Atlanta,Georgia USA
3. Elana Rozenman - Jerusalem, Israel
4. Kate Kiama – Nairobi, Kenya
5. Heidi Rautionmaa – Helsinki, Finland
6. Maria Eugenia Crespo – Buenos Aires, Argentina
7. Sande Hart - San Francisco,California, USA
8. Rattan Channa – Nairobi, Kenya
9. Qutub Kidwai – Mumbai, India
10. Despina Namwembe – Kampala, Uganda
11. Nyambura Mundia – Nairobi, Kenya
12. Monica Willard – Bethlehem, Pennsylvania USA.
13. Marianne Horling – Bonn, Germany
14. Nageeba Hassan – Kampala, Uganda
15. Sally Mahe – San Francisco California, USA
16. Isabelle Nizeyimana – Kigali, Rwanda
17. Rebbeca Tobias - Vancouver, Canada
18. Lilly Misenga - Bukavu DRC
19. Jane Alex Legu - Juba, South Sudan
20. Krithika Harish - California, USA
21. Karimah Stauch – Bonn, Germany
22. Hawa Noor - Nairobi, Kenya.
23. Shabnam Olinga- Kampala, Uganda
24. Sarah Talcott Blair – San Francisco California, USA.
25. Joy Kemirembe – Kampala, Uganda
26. Salette Aquino - Campinas, Brazil?
27. Potre Diampuan - Manila, Philippines
28. Rowan Fairgrove - San Jose, California, USA
29. Mussie Hailu - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
30. Adeola Fearon - Charlotte, North Carolina,USA
31. Naseem George - Sargodha,Pakistan.
32. Sowmya Ayyar – Cupertino, California, USA
33. Perry "PK" McCary - Houston,Texas, USA
34. Monika Berghoff - Tamera, Colos, Portugal
35. Sabina Rifat – Lahore, Pakistan