Quested Peace CC represented URI MENA in “Sport & Culture for Life,” hosted by Badalona Korfbal Club – Barcelona, Spain from 2-10 October 2016 under the Erasmus+ program.
The Youth Exchange enabled four organizations from Jordan, Tunisia, Latvia and Spain to exchange knowledge and culture through sports. The exchange aimed at highlighting the positive contribution of sports and intercultural exposure to people empowerment and social integration.
Sports are played and watched by people from different cultures and social backgrounds. They have an educational and socializing effect that makes them an ideal vehicle for intercultural dialogue and social integration. Recently, regular participation in sports have helped young people of immigrant origin to develop key skills and to integrate better into their new societies.
Participation Countries included: Latvia, Tunisia, Spain, and Jordan. There were five participants from each country.
The youth exchange project is targeted to all those youth leaders and youth who are working, or who want to work, on projects of social inclusion through sports and culture.
The main activities of the project included:
- Training through non-formal education method.
- Work in teams, role playing, energizers, others.
- Exchanges of good practices.
- Video- forums and debate.
- Practices of different sports.
- Visiting and participating in local projects of social inclusion through sports.
- Promoting using the culture’s role in sports activities.
For more details and photos, please visit our Facebook page.